Redtailboa.net  

Go Back   Redtailboa.net > Sales and Supplies > Pet / Reptile Suppliers

Old 06-12-2008, 12:31 AM
N1H1

Big Apple herp to sell reptiles

I know how most people here feel about the "superstores" of reptiles. (mostly negative though not without valid reasons). I've purchased live animals from such a place online and had no issues. I did find the prices to be quite reasonable, at least.
Big Apple Herp. I've only ordered supplies from them, and it was a fine experience, so I automatically get their "sale" emails. Apparently, now they are getting into selling a variety of live reptiles. I always like to check the prices at such places to see where they fall in the market, and I was shocked at the "columbian red tail boas" price at Big Apple Herp.

Buy Columbian Red Tail Boas Online. For Sale with Same Day Shipping.

For those too lazy to click the link, they are 149.99... and no, it doesn't include shipping.
Hello angrybananapeel it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?
Old 06-12-2008, 12:33 AM
Very well. Give him cake!

Re: Big Apple herp to sell reptiles

Uhg...overpriced much? Like Petco all over again.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:04 AM
I loves me some boas!:3

That's what you'd pay for one at a petstore. lol

Well, I guess they'd be healthy and come with a great guarantee coming from a company like that, at least you'd hope so...

surprising that they're selling live reptiles. I guess for people who haven't "scouted" prices but have bought supplies from them before would be more than willing to pay that much...I guess...lol

Captive Bred Reptiles & Information Database
TransMedia
iherp. Do you?
Old 06-12-2008, 01:10 AM
N1H1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbt123 View Post
That's what you'd pay for one at a petstore. lol
Actually, I think most pet stores, including PETCO, come in at under $190 (shipping is 40 bucks). Sure, you don't know the breeder. But if one is purchasing a snake online, I would hope they would shop around. You don't get that impulse buy that regular pet stores count on with snakes.
Hello angrybananapeel it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?
Old 06-12-2008, 01:30 AM
Varanus meticulus

Looks like they are only stocking popular reptiles of the moment also. There's not even an entry on the menu bar for monitor lizards.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:33 AM
N1H1

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriouslythough View Post
Looks like they are only stocking popular reptiles of the moment also. There's not even an entry on the menu bar for monitor lizards.

Maybe everyone should be happy about that?
Old 06-12-2008, 02:03 AM
Varanus meticulus

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrybananapeel View Post
Maybe everyone should be happy about that?
Not really. It just means that even more throwaway beardies, ball pythons, and red tail boas will wind up at the rescues.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:13 AM
N1H1

The weirdest thing about it is, that with all of the resources online, how can someone make an uninformed purchase over the internet? Yes, I realize it happens all of the time, but I still don't get how.

I know how an unsuspecting parent can get convinced by a pet store owner that the pet snake their kid wants wont grow bigger than its 10 gal aquarium... but, online??????????????
Old 06-12-2008, 02:18 AM
Varanus meticulus

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrybananapeel View Post
The weirdest thing about it is, that with all of the resources online, how can someone make an uninformed purchase over the internet? Yes, I realize it happens all of the time, but I still don't get how.

I know how an unsuspecting parent can get convinced by a pet store owner that the pet snake their kid wants wont grow bigger than its 10 gal aquarium... but, online??????????????
Yeah that's a good point, maybe buying online might at least even slightly decrease uninformed purchases. I wonder if it decreases impulse buys?
Old 06-12-2008, 02:36 AM
Jumps overboard

$149 is what I paid for my first redtail from the local petstore... then the next three came from Hamburg show for under $80 and yes they were babies and hand picked with good color. Then I fell in love with another one at the local petshop and went for the $149 tag again.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:31 AM
N1H1

I have a $150 dollar bci (my 1st - from a petstore) and an $85 one from a show. Can't say I will sit around waiting for shows to come by though. After driving and admission for two adults the actual savings arent that huge if you only get one snake. They are still fun though.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Newbie to RedTailBoa.net

does any1 know where i could purchase an albino boa constrictor
Old 11-16-2008, 07:15 PM
Great with blueberries

That was an off-topic question, and this thread is old..
But try looking around on kingsnake.com classifieds.